About This Scholarship
The Valley Guardians is proud to offer the Executive Leader Scholarship. This scholarship is to support those students who have done all they can to support themselves but still need additional financial assistance. It is for those students who have made significant achievements despite overwhelming adversity in their lives. The most impactful leaders are not distinguished by their titles, incomes, or accomplishments. The best leaders have gone to exceeding lengths to better themselves.
An executive leader is one who has pursued continuous improvement despite facing uncommon challenges for their age. If a students applicant is awarded the scholarship, it will be customized according to their unique need and effort. Funding is made possible through the generous donations received from the Valley Guardians and their supporters.
What is Included?
In addition to being eligible to receive up to $5,000 per year in financial support for college, scholars will be mentored over their college career in the following ways:
- Provide scholars access to numerous online and in-person leadership workshops.
- Scholars will be coached by industry expert Dr. Jacob Kashiwagi (Author, Management Consultant, and Success Coach).
- School – Assist scholars with:
- Creating a financial plan for college that ensures they can be sustainable.
- Receiving their diplomas.
- Personal Life – Assist scholars with:
- Developing a stable routine that allows them to accomplish what they want.
- Gaining the ability to care for themselves.
- Learning how to track personal measurements [stress, happiness].
- Understanding of who they are [strengths, weaknesses, love in life].
- Professional Life – Assist scholars with identifying and applying for a job related to their field of interest.
Open to all high school seniors and above who have been nominated by a Valley Guardians Board Member or Associate, living in Arizona, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other background factors. Winners are selected based on three distinct criteria which demonstrate the applicants’ financial need, personal accountability, and past achievements.
- Accepting Applications: OPEN
- Application Deadline: 3/31/2023 [Submit to Team@LeadAZ.org for evaluation by the Selection Committee].
- Application Process:
- Once the application is received, you will be scheduled to meet with the Leadership Society of Arizona (LSA) for an initial interview. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- If you pass the interview, LSA will schedule a time for you to come to their home office and help you put your financial plan based on your needs.
- Once complete, LSA will submit your plan to the Selection Committee for evaluation and determination.
- During April, the Selection Committee will complete their evaluation, and select candidates will be invited to virtually meet the full Selection Committee for a personal presentation and interview. Each presentation/interview is expected to be around 30 minutes.
- In May, the Selection Committee will identify their selected Finalists and LSA will begin the onboarding process.
- Award Announcement: 8/5/2023
- Students accepted will be invited to virtually meet with the Selection Committee to receive their awarded scholarship.